Coat ofArms

Wednesday 23 November 2011

23 November 2011 - Langley Camera club

I took a Taxi by myself to the Langley Camera Club where they were talking about publishing Photo books, Gábor Mate from Photo Expert was speaking to us about preparing our photographs for print. He addressed resolution, image sizing, sharpening, colour calibration, output to art paper, canvas, photo books. This was our chance to get the information straight from the horse's mouth - the guy that actually prints the photographs!  Gábor's early career was as a photographer for a small magazine in Hungary. He went on to work as a professional photographer with Carnival Cruise lines for six years. He has spent the last six years as photo editor and large format print manager with Photo Expert.  Their photo books appears to be the same quality of the Photo books that I had published on-line using BLURB.com, Their price also seems very reasonable, I'll try them on my next photo book.  I  took a Taxi Back, Thanks Pat MacIntosh.  What was cool is that earlier today I received my New Garmin nüvi® 3450  GPS and I charged it and uploaded the latest Maps and used it in the Taxi, although the driver had his own Garmin GPS, mine has better features like it shows me ahead of time, gas station and RBC banks and ATM's on route as well a split screen with actual photos of intersections.  It's an amazing device, about same size than an iPhone4 except thinner.







No comments:

Post a Comment