Coat ofArms

Sunday 10 June 2012

Wonderful Visit in Vancouver - Sun 10 June 2012

Today was a great day for me, my Good Friend Rick Dunning and his wife Colleen arrived at the Tsawwassen Ferry Terminal and I went there to pick them up, it was great seeing them, me and Rick did the SSF Ironman Competition in CFB Petawawa, Ontario in 1984 when we were both Airborne Engineers with 2 CER 2 Tp, I was the Best-man at their wedding, hope I was the "Best" Man for the job :-) I think they'll remember what we did to their car :-) Colleen's Dad was our RSM at 2 CER, I remember like yesterday when I first got to CFB Petawawa and was walking to 2CER headquarters for the first time, RSM Storey came to us and told us to go walk on the grass so he could yell at us, but not to worry, there was an officer walking on the grass and he wanted to make sure he heard and get the message across not to Walk on the grass, I thought that was priceless, he's a great man.  Rick is still with the Forces, he's now a Major, and is the Royal Canadian Air Force(RCAF) Fire Marshal and look after all fire protection issues within the RCAF.   I gave them a very quick tour of our Manufacturing plant in Richmond, we briefly stop by my place and they met Kurbitten, then we went to The Old Spaghetti Factory in Gastown and Colleen and Rick treated me to Lunch, after lunch I dropped them off at their Cousin's in Coquitlam, BC, here's a few photos.  Thanks for lunch Colleen & Rick it was a short, but wonderful visit,  I will have to stop by the "Peg" one day.

Tsawwassen Ferry Terminal






From 1984 until now

No comments:

Post a Comment